Aborted Women's Support Groups -- An Outline
This is an outline for a support group for aborted women, prepared by a woman
who organizes such groups across the country.
- Education concerning abortion - spiritual, legal
- To recognize and verbalize feelings.
- To acknowledge the need and reality of grief in the abortion
- To restore the broken relationships that resulted from the abortion.
(Man to God, man to man)
- To learn what genuine repentance means and to receive God's forgiveness
and learn to forgive ourselves as well as to forgive others.
- To understand our motives and turn them over to the Lord for revision
- To achieve a better self-image.
- To learn ways to relate better to children.
- To learn not to be a victim of anything.
- Week 1
Purpose & Confidentiality
- Week 2
- Grief (Psalm 39)
Unresolved grief, Impacted grief, PAS
- Week 3
- Denial (Proverbs 14: 12)
Common points of denial
Experiencing God's forgiveness (Psalm 51, II Corinthians 7:10)
- Week 4
- Bargaining (Jeremiah 2:13)
Do you want to be healed? (John 56)
Learning to forgive yourself
Complete healing is available (Psalm 51, I Timothy 1:15)
- Week 5
- Anger (Psalm 30:5)
What caused the most anger?
Are you still angry?
The difference between anger and bitterness
Laying down the anger
- Week 6
- Depression (Numbers 11:23)
Types of depression
Expressing emotions (Luke 19:40)
- Week 7
- Acceptance (Psalm 51)
Cautions: Motives & Exploitation
- Week 8
Posted 9 Sep 2000.
Copyright ©1996 by Ohio Right to Life
Contact Pregnant Pause